This weekend really gotta a hold on me. I’m going to be playing catch up all week! I meant to get out a BSS post but it escaped me. We’ll try for this Saturday.
Meanwhile, I have a new obsession. I am completely smitten with HGTV’s show, Fixer Upper.
Here are the reasons I love it:
1) Chip & Joanna are like no couple I’ve ever seen who works together. Clearly their Christian attitudes flow through their lives in positive ways that make me wonder if it could possibly be real. Who gets along this great with their spouse in stressful situations? I mean he calls her “hon” and tells her so looks gorgeous and she tells him how strong he is and how much she loves him…. Um, ya, I totally talk like that every day to my spouse. I guess I need to aspire to this! I’m totally jealous and admire their encouraging and loving demonstrations of couplehood.
2) I love her style. White? Chippy? I’m sunk. I’m thinking maybe we all need to move to Waco, Texas and buy homes so she can redo them for us.
3) They have four kids. Something that I will myself know shortly. And they make time to eat together. Busy lifestyles but they still make family a priority. Love this.
4) They live on a farm. I would be happiest in the country but I make do in town. I’m jealous of all my chicken raising, CSA gardening, animal loving friends who get this secret pleasure but I also am glad I don’t have all those chores. But oh, to have such space and privacy! They also named their farm and I’m totally into this. We named our last home and I’m still trying to conceive what this one needs to be called.
5) They take something old and forgotten and make it beautiful again. Talk about recycling. These old homes that have so much history and character and personality are appreciated again.
6) They have an affinity for old things. It isn’t all Pottery Barn (which I love, don’t get me wrong). But the items used are literally things that they find on the side of the road. Hello junk’n! Thus the final product doesn’t look so cookie-cutter perfect.
7) Her style is also so streamlined. Where is all the clutter? It makes me wish I had half the stuff I have and I’m working on making life in my home simpler.
8) She’s gorgeous and wears cute outfits while in the middle of a construction zone. I mean, yes, she isn’t in heels and skirts. But if you were filming in some of those houses, I don’t know I could look that good in my Converse and sweaters.
9) She knew what she wanted her life to look like and she went out and made those dreams come true. I love that she sets the bar high and why shouldn’t we all?
10) In this era of Kardashians and Honey Boo Boo, here is a family I can aspire to be more like and spend some quality time watching. Thank you!
Fixer Upper, you have a new fan!
Here is a link to Joanna’s blog, if you want to follow stalk her like I do: